Saturday, October 5, 2013

Yesterday was National Taco Day. Did you miss it?

There are days for everything, and it seems like every day is for something.

How else to explain the fact that Friday was National Taco Day across the United States – a day in which we contemplate all the various foodstuffs that we could stuff inside a tortilla.

THE ULTIMATE FINGER food – even more so than a slice of pizza or a hot dog.

Although personally, I’d like to see the mathematical computations that figured out all the tacos people in this country eat would weigh as much as two Empire State Buildings.

For the record, we missed National Tequila Day (July 24). Although for those of you who feel compelled to acknowledge it, Nov. 6 will be National Nachos Day – a concoction so sloppy I usually can’t bring myself to indulge in all that often.

Particularly if one can get a couple of corn tortillas stuffed with carnitas, some cilantro and onions – my personal favorite stuffing for tacos al pastor.

ALTHOUGH A CHICKEN taco with some avocado slices in with its other fixings can also be an intriguing meal.

Definitely not something one is going to find on the 12 tacos for 10 dollars family pack at Taco Bell menu. Or the “100 tacos for 100 dollars” that Comic Book Guy from “The Simpsons” once bought for his nourishment while watching the Doctor Who marathon on television.

  -30-

EDITOR'S NOTE: I'm glad to say I missed this moment on television. I think I would have lost it if I had seen it live. Not that seeing it on a computer screen makes it any less ridiculous.
 

No comments: