Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A new archive ought to offer treasures about Border Culture life

I’m giving myself the day off for this weblog. Fresh commentary will return Thursday.

Not that I won’t be busy today. I stumbled across a new site by the University of Arizona Libraries, which has archived the local newspapers that were published in Tuscon, Ariz., El Paso, Texas, Los Angeles and San Francisco, along with Sonora in Mexico, for the Spanish-speaking communities in those places.

I WANT TO give myself some serious time to roam through the local press of old to see just what was being ignored by everybody else.

And yes, I’ll be sure to share with you anything of interest I learn in coming days and weeks (since I suspect it will take some time to tap into this resource to its maximum potential).

Although it might be just as interesting if you check the site out as well.

  -30-

No comments: